@ Futuroscope (Poitiers), November 6 and 19, 2014
Lecture hall, SP2MI building – avenue Gustave Eiffel, Chasseneuil, France
The FORUM organized by the Pprime Institute offers the opportunity to PhD students and researchers from the robotics community to meet experts in order to exchange with them about most recent scientific results. This event provides to participants a space of reflection and privileged exchange. The FORUM is dedicated to Mechanical Design and Mechatronics of robotics systems.
Two themes, in the field of interest of the robotics team of Pprime institute, are considered during this FORUM:
- the design of mechanical hands for dexterous manipulation;
- the design of complex poly-articulated mechanisms (parallel mechanisms).
The forum is organized over three days with a program focused on presentations and panel discussions. In this context, the FORUM will have four guest speakers:
- Yukio Takeda, Professor, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
- Philippe Wenger, Directeur de recherches au CNRS, IRCCyN-Nantes, France
- Markus Grebenstein, doctor, DLR German Aerospace Center, Munich, Germany
- Chin-Hsing Kuo, Professor, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taiwan
November 6: «Kinematic optimization of complex poly-articulated systems »
- 10h-12h: Yukio Takeda, “Kinematic Design of Compensatable Parallel Manipulators“
- 14h-17h: Philippe Wenger, “Coping with singularities in the design of parallel manipulators”
Yukio Takeda, “Kinematic and Dynamic Analysis and Design of 3-RPSR Parallel Mechanism for Pipe-Bender“
November 19: «Design of medical robots »
- 10h-12h: Chin-Hsing Kuo, “Applications of Mechanism Design Theories for Surgical Robotics“
- 14h-17h: Discussion Panel “How to choose the suitable kinematic design for a given application? What is the best approach for kinematic optimization?“
Registration is free but required for logistic reasons on the FORUM website.